Inc42 Media is looking for Correspondents/Journalists for Tech & Business News for the startup ecosystem. To sustain the power of journalism, we need to upgrade by networking across industry early in your career. Understand data-analytics, as well as reader’s behavior. Once equipped with state of art tools and skills, you’ll be ready more than ever to pen down the what’s what of the startup ecosystem. If INFLUENCE is your gratification, this position is for you.
Our ideal candidate is a journalist with a knack for decoding intricate business tales. If your storytelling prowess resonates with the rhythm of breaking news and is backed by a stellar history of producing compelling articles, we welcome you to embark on a storytelling odyssey with us. Your data backed prose will not only shape dialogues but also captivate our audience's imagination.
Discover the potential of such stories here:
Why Choose Inc42?
At Inc42, we stand apart by placing journalists and their aspirations at the heart of our narrative. Rather than fitting roles into predetermined molds, we believe in fostering an environment where great journalism flourishes from a journalist's innate desire to share compelling stories. Our journalists are empowered to shape their viewpoints and perspectives, driving their own original narratives. If you're a journalist ready to embrace growth, tell distinct stories, and shape your unique perspective, Inc42 eagerly awaits your contribution to our journey.
- Stories in Tech, Business & Finance for the startup ecosystem
- Data-Analysis for each story via DataLabs, MCA Reports, RTIs and Secondary Research
- Networking, and pitching news stories to the editors
- Data-driven value additions to stories by integrating Infogrames based on data collected and/or referred. Implying thoughtful journalism and analysis. Also, through audio, video, and/or written interviews.
- The exclusivity of the stories
- Position yourself in the market by attending events and networking to build journalistic inside insights + sources.
- Individuals with 3-5 years in core journalism.
- Bachelors or Masters in Journalism / mass communication or equivalent degree.
- Strong news reporting basics required - understanding essentials such as nutgraf, lede, background.
- Understanding of news / features’ structure and tropes to deliver copies in express speed.
- Understanding of the startup and policy landscape to self select and pitch stories
Strong language skills
About Inc42 Media
is India’s #1 startup media & intelligence platform that informs, educates and empowers startup & business leaders through its incisive reporting, insightful reports, curated events & communities, and industry-leading executive courses & programs.
Since launching in January 2015, and having risen to become the authoritative voice on India’s startup economy, we've moved markets, gotten the early scoop on billions of dollars of transactions and told you what's happening deep inside some of the fastest-growing startups & industries alike. Our stories have been followed by the Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg, Reuters, TechCrunch and other major outlets hundreds of times.
We also track over 50,000+ startups and provide market research and intelligence through our in-depth research reports, and we organise some of the most sought-after conferences and events for startup & business leaders across India.
In 2020, we introduced Inc42 Plus, our exclusive membership program tailored for startup & business leaders, amassing over 10,000 members in record time. Apart from our sharp reporting & insightful research, through Inc42 BrandLabs, we partner with enterprises & brands to help them create branded content & experiences and reach our audience of decision-makers.