is actively seeking a Features Editor who transcends the traditional journalist role. We are in search of an experienced storyteller proficient in crafting comprehensive, research-driven business content while also contributing to the strategic implementation across various editorial platforms under the Inc42 Media umbrella. This role demands exceptional business writing skills, a natural talent for editorial leadership, and an unwavering passion for the dynamic startup ecosystem. As a direct report to our Editor-in-Chief, Pooja Sareen
, you will serve as the central figure in our news production pipeline.
Why You Should Care?
Impact: You won't just be filling a seat; you'll be steering the ship. Your work will directly contribute to the growth of Inc42’s readership and help shape India's #1 startup media platform.
Network: Our readers aren't just anyone; they're the who's who of India's startup & business ecosystem — founders, executives, govt officials and investors.
Reputation: Inc42 is a brand that resonates. Our alumni have gone on to launch startups and join industry leaders. You'll be part of a legacy.
About Inc42 Media
is India’s #1 startup media & intelligence platform that informs, educates and empowers startup & business leaders through its incisive reporting, insightful reports, curated events & communities, and industry-leading executive courses & programs.
Since launching in January 2015, and having risen to become the authoritative voice on India’s startup economy, we've moved markets, gotten the early scoop on billions of dollars of transactions and told you what's happening deep inside some of the fastest-growing startups & industries alike. Our stories have been followed by the Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg, Reuters, TechCrunch and other major outlets hundreds of times.
We also track over 50,000+ startups and provide market research and intelligence through our in-depth research reports, and we organise some of the most sought-after conferences and events for startup & business leaders across India.
In 2020, we introduced Inc42 Plus, our exclusive membership program tailored for startup & business leaders, amassing over 10,000 members in record time. Apart from our sharp reporting & insightful research, through Inc42 BrandLabs, we partner with enterprises & brands to help them create branded content & experiences and reach our audience of decision-makers.
What You'll Do?
A. Daily Operations
- Plan, execute, and manage Inc42 feature stories and editorial calendars (weekly, monthly, quarterly).
- Supervise and conceptualize various feature story types (research, industry, investigations, profiles, interviews).
- Conduct regular one-on-one meetings with individual authors and editors.
- Coordinate and communicate within cross-functional teams (design, marketing, operations).
- Recruit and onboard freelancers to support capacity and ensure timely story delivery.
- Manage and moderate daily meetings, establish daily plans, and create team rosters.
- Curate daily and weekly newsletters, including Daily, Weekly, India's Crypto Economy, India's D2C Economy, and The Outline.
B. Building, scaling, motivating & driving the editorial team
- Train correspondents as digital content creators, overseeing story packaging and distribution, including social media, creatives, pageviews, analytics, headline testing, and experiments.
- Collaborate with the marketing team, supporting and co-creating initiatives and campaigns.
- Mentor correspondents in developing their personal brands, individual voices, and personal networks.
- Lead the recruitment and onboarding of correspondents, editors, freelancers, and contributors to build a high-performing team.
- Set team targets in consultation with management and drive motivation to achieve them.
- Ensure the team produces high-quality, in-depth stories, expands coverage areas, and maintains a balanced variety of story types.
- Increase daily story publication.
- Enhance news stories with data-driven insights daily.
- Empower reporters to deliver weekly exclusive stories as per targets.
What We Are Looking For?
- 6-8 years of business reporting and editing experience.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Journalism, Mass Communication, or equivalent.
- Deep knowledge of startup, tech, and business industries.
- Extensive industry connections and network.
- Proficiency in editing news and features efficiently.
- Business feature editing expertise, including headline, nutgraf, lede, and infographics.
- Familiarity with SEO and social media performance.
- Preferred experience in team management and leadership.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.